Day 63: We've run out of gas / Happy Children's day!!!

Dear diary,

Happy children's day everyone. I can't believe it's day 63!

I hope you all had an interesting day.

Recently, we ran out of gas in my house. This was major cause we'd been using the same supply of gas for months. Anyway, my mum calls the gas supplier explaining the problem, and he says he'll call the next morning. But you know, we were in the middle of creating the ultimate spread when this "crisis" hit. Like theatre guys say, "the show must go on". And so we cooked in our oven.... and microwave. The meal turned out awesome and we ate in peace. Three days later, and we still await our precious gas suppliers call. The jokes on him! We still cooking in our trusty oven!!!

Lesson to be learnt: the show MUST go on. Things are tough. And sometimes we need people and they don't show. But the world won't stop. You can't either. If you need to, cry, throw yourself a mini pity party, but get moving eventually. God's got you. And He'll provide the way you need. Also, try to remember that people are just people. They can't be perfect and so if you expect perfection, you will be disappointed. I know, that was a lot to take from our gas supplier not showing. But I hope it helps.

Another concept I've been learning a lot about this week is worry. I was worried about resuming school in the fall and final exams and  having to be quarantined and being infected and tons of other things I can't control. And what I'm learning is that worry is the BIGGEST waste of time. If you can do something, do it. If you can't give to He who can and move on. Worry paralyses and stops you from doing what needs to be done. It also stops you from understanding that sometimes, it's not your place to do anything. In every situation, identify what the issue is, identify if it's an action thing or a waiting thing. And in either case, pray it out. God gets our needs and our worries. Give it to Him and then let it go.

I hope that this helps somebody out there who's been struggling with worry and crushed expectations.

When I start thinking bout all the things that are uncertain, it's easy to be incredibly discouraged. So, I would encourage everyone out there (including me) to find something that you're grateful for in each day. It's easier to be joyful right now when you focus on the things that are certain instead of all the things you don't know and can't control.

Stay safe and God bless.

Dera

Comments

  1. This was so helpful. I've been worrying a lot lately...about everything. But this brought me peace😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Was MJ right?

Nigeria, America and the UK

Are you a perfectionist?