Take the time to figure yourself out

Happy August everyone. I can't believe the year has run away so fast.

I spoke about perfection in a post about two weeks ago and I can honestly tell you that it hasn't gotten easier. But I really do think diagnosing the problem is like solving half of it. 

I've taken up journalling. I've heard from a lot of people (like on the internet:)) that it really helps. It's useful to process what you'r'e feeling as you're feeling it. Journalling provides that opportunity.

On that note, I am going to dab into mental health. As I'm writing this I haven't done half as much research as I should have and so I will not be talking from a professional point of view. I can only say what I know. 

I think every day, especially at the beginning of your day, it's important to understand where your head is at. 

Take some time to really process how you're feeling, on your own, away from the noise and crowd. Examine your emotions and really make sure you're okay. The last thing you need  is to carry over baggage from yesterday to today. 

That's why journalling is great. And if journalling isn't for you, find another way to process your emotions as they come. But if you couldn't resolve your feelings, use the morning to do that. If you made a mistake yesterday, learn and move on. If you fought with someone, figure out what you want to do about it or if you want to do anything. If you missed a deadline or forgot to do something important, set a reminder today. It's important to learn from yesterday's mistakes, not drown in them. 

So pray, take a walk, meditate... Spend some time on your own working through your feelings. It's incredibly important. Bottling feelings up or ignoring them is disastrous and like the truth, they always find a way of resurfacing. It might be hard to face what you're feeling, but it's necessary.

Take the time to figure yourself out. You won't regret it.

God bless.

Dera

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Was MJ right?

Nigeria, America and the UK

Are you a perfectionist?