Nuggets of wisdom


Hello world,

Recently I have been doing a lot of babysitting, and it has made me appreciate the privilege I have had all my life by having siblings that are all pretty close to my age. I'm learning that consistency and patience are all prety big themes, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was so very exhausting. Kudos to all those who've been doing this for years!

I was really struggling to find what to write about today and ended up doing what I always do when I'm lacking in inspiration.... look through my notes. Today's nugget of wisdom comes from June 6 - 'All change must be preceded by recognition'. I got this from a sermon and the pastor was saying that before you can change anything, you have to recognise that something needs to be changed. I think that's part of the reason why you can't really change for someone else. Because unless you see and acknowledge what needs to be adjusted, your 'change' will be shorlived and incomplete. Following up on that, my notes also said 'The only people that don't get criticised are the people who don't say or do anything.' I don't know how you interpreted this when you first read it, but what I am inferring is that once you start making those big changes and moves, someone somewhere is going to have something less than pleasant to say about it. The people who are trully succesful in their careers, in their families, in their relationships, probably did somethings that people criticised them for. It's good to be able to take that criticism (for those times when it's constructive) but you also need to be able to detach and attach importance to people's opinions as is necessary.

That's the post guys. I know... really short. But in my defense I spend my weeks prepping for my exam and my weekends catching up on series so my inspiration tank is running low on juice. Hope y'all are having a good summer and are getting mentally ready for school (maybe my next post should be about that- what a thought!)

God bless.

Dera

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Was MJ right?

Nigeria, America and the UK

Are you a perfectionist?