Merry Christmas!


Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!

While I really try to be compassionate and even though empathy will forever remain an aspiration of mine, I really do think that we understand things in a different way when we go through them. Whenever I go on Instagram during celebratory times of year, there always tend to be those people who are sending love to people are struggling in that season. I always really admire messages like that because it recognises that while for a lot of us the biggest issue might be what present we get, a lot of people are struggling with much bigger things. Like I mentioned in my last post, these last few months and weeks have not been easy in anyway. But I think they’ve made me a lot more intentional about being grateful for the strong family I have and about acknowledging what I have in my hands right now while I wait on the things I really want and pray for. Patience and peace it seems, have been my major lessons from these last few months. That and the importance of reminding myself that things won’t always be as tough as they have been recently. It might not seem like much. But sometimes, to keep going, you need to be reminded that you won’t always have to struggle this much.

As 2021 comes to a close, I have been trying to think a lot deeper about these lessons and figure out what I want to do better next year. I know there is a 'new year resolution' culture and we might all have different feelings about that, but I do think there is value in evaluating your year and making serious decisions about what you want to do better.
Have an amazing time with your families this year and remember the hope and love that Christmas is actually about.

God bless.

Dera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was MJ right?

Nigeria, America and the UK

Are you a perfectionist?