Recap


Hello everyone,

A friend of mine recently told me that he would like me to do a recap of my recent blogposts because he'd fallen behind. If you fall into this category too, this is for you!

Do you really want to be in control? September 4th 2021 - This week I was talking about how control makes us feel powerful, but we are often ill-equipped to handle and about how we tend to idolise our problems because it's easier to see them than to try fixing them. Finally, I spoke about how I feel that these days we call things 'our' truth to remove the access that other people have to that conversation. Even though we view things through the lenses of our experiences, the truth is the truth and it doesn't really take our feelings into account.

You can do hard things (Part 2) September 11 2021 - In honor of world suicide prevention day and 9/11, I spoke about how we can reduce that feeling of loneliness that everyone feels by being there for each other and sharing our stories. I also shared my experience with perfectionism.

Missteps don't have to be the end September 26th 2021 - I spoke about how easy it is to fall back into destructive but familiar patterns and while we shouldn't want to stay in those places, we shouldn't hate ourselves for misstepping. Instead, we should work on those things in our environment that encourage those backslides and give ourselves grace.

Your decisions last longer than your storms October 14th 2021 - I spoke about how me tend to make really rash decisions when we are in tough situations, and how these decisions last longer than the storms we make them in.

Start of Something New November 6th 2021 - I explained the famously misunderstood story of creation from the Bible and shared my thoughts and takeaways.

Let's Unpack November 20th 2021 - I went through some questions to help you unpack your week.

What do you have to be grateful for? November 27th 2021 - I spoke about how with COVID, it is so easy to get caught up in all the things that aren't happening the way they should or when they should.

Exhaustion December 11th 2021 - I spoke about being exhausted but learning to remind myself that things will not always be as hectic and busy as they are in my busiest moments.

Words from Fulton J. Sheen January 1st 2022 - To ring in 2022, I spoke about how not having an opinion is the same as taking a stance in certain situations and implored people to think things through before jumping onto the bandwagon's opinions.

Friendships and Entitlement January 15th 2022 - Last week I spoke about how it is easy to become entitled to information about your friends' lives, forgetting that your intimacy is a privilege.

This isn't every single post since September, but they are a couple of my favourites. Feel free to browse the others though;)

God bless.

Dera

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Was MJ right?

Nigeria, America and the UK

Are you a perfectionist?