Recap #2


Hey guys,

I thought I would do another recap of some of my favourite posts from the last 6 months...

I'm tired of being scared January 28th 2022 - In this post, I spoke about our fearful nature and how I'm making strides in stepping away from that and conditioning myself to focus on what I can do.

From: an introvert February 17th 2022 - This week, I wrote a letter from my introverted self to those who might seek to understand my nature and the nature of other introverts who can relate.

The grass is greener on the other side March 12th 2022 - I explored a different side of this popular saying in this post and spoke about how we always look back at our past with rose-tinted glasses; simplifying and minimising the things that made all the difference back then. I encourage you and myself to be present.

Get ready for a lot of challenging questions April 9th 2022 - I wrote about my own experience with learning to trust God over myself and I invite you to do the same.

Are we really living if we are only doing the bare minimum? April 16th 2022 - This week, I wrote about how we do the bare minimum and we are able to justify it most of the time. But I reflect on my realisation that doing the bare minimum only ever really leaves us with regret over what could have happened and what could've been if we showed up fully.

Goodbye April 23rd 2022 - This week, I reflected on how it felt to have had to leave school suddenly during the pandemic.

There are people who need you not to give up May 14th 2022 - This particular week, I had been struggling to remain encouraged to embark on a certain career journey because it felt like the very thing I would spend my life fighting against was an inevitability. In my pursuit of motivation, I came to the conclusion that sometimes our reasons for doing things aren't just about us and whether it feels good to us and can be more about others... weird, right?

Weird thought May 21st 2022 - This week, I spoke about how we tend to classify something as inevitable whenever we cannot imagine an alternative, even if this particular something was incredibly horrible. For me, it really raised questions about when we draw the line and decide that the ends don't justify the means.

People of purpose are not concerned with being left behind June 18th 2022 - This week, I spoke about learning to walk confidently in your purpose; not in a way that inspires unhealthy pride and arrogance, but in a way that shows that you understand that you don't need to have the same journey as your idols or even friends.

Looks are deceiving July 2nd 2022 - I wrote about wanting to change and working on those goals that no one else is aware of or can really hold you accountable for. I also touched on being willing to look beyond how things look on the outside and on waitinf for things (whether relationships or opportunities) that are worthwile.

Are you the type of person the friends you want would want to be friends with? July 17th 2022 - Last week I was talking about the part that we inevitably play in attracting the type of people and opportunities we want in our lives.

God bless.

Dera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Was MJ right?

Nigeria, America and the UK

Are you a perfectionist?